Opera NUOVA summer 2011

I am pleased to announce that I will be participating in the 2011 Opera NUOVA program for aspiring opera singers in Edmonton. I will be playing "Jezibaba" (the witch) in the beautiful Czech opera Rusalka by Dvorak. This will be my first full role in Czech - I'm very excited!

The Festival will run from May 20, 2011 to June 26, 2011. Performances include masterclasses, aria and artsong concerts, a fully produced musical entitled Light in the Piazza and of course, mainstage operas: Le Nozze di Figaro and Rusalka.

Opera Nuova is a not-for-profit organization that is dedicated to the advanced training of operatic vocalists, pianists and chamber musicians from across the country. They have established a reputation as one of this country’s premier training organizations. The Vocal Arts Festival is Canada’s only summer Opera Festival consisting of over 24 performances over six weeks.

I will be posting performance dates as soon as they are published. In the meantime, check out Opera NUOVA's website for more details on the program.
http://www.operanuova.ca/

Hope to see you Edmontonians there!