Scotland the Brave





It all started as a way to get out of the Schengen Zone for 8 days.  (Because of my arrival in late June, I was risking out-staying my 90 day tourist visa before my Residence Permit comes into effect on October 1).  So I decided to escape to Manchester and the Peak District to visit my sister, and then hop up to Scotland to enjoy some of the Edinburgh International and Fringe Festivals.  What started as an 8-day jaunt turned into a 2-week adventure of couch-surfing, spontaneity, and pilgrimages.  Part of the reason for the extended stay is that I neglected to double-check the date of my flight back to Bratislava. Probably my sub-concious telling me I wasn't ready to leave yet ;)  With an extra week on my hands, I had the chance to add the Isle of Arran and Glasgow to the original sights on my itinerary, which included St. Andrews, North Berwick, Stirling and Edinburgh.  Thanks to the amazing couch surfing community, I didn't have to pay for accommodation the whole time I was away, and I met some amazing people and made some incredible memories!  The picture of the top is the Peak District in England, and below is Haggis, Neeps and Tatties in Deanston, Scotland.