Brahms Requiem

Now that the school year is over and my PGDE is complete, I finally have time to do some singing again!  Upon my first weekend back at home in Victoria, my mom and I went to the "Moss street paint-in", and ran into Hilary Coupland, who was recruiting musicians for her 70th Birthday celebration concert, which is to be a performance of the Brahms Requiem.  Hilary is a venerable force in the Victoria music scene, and she and my mom have sung together for years.  Neither mom nor I had previously sung the Brahms, and it's on both of our "bucket lists", so we excitedly jumped at the opportunity.  My sister Liz and her boyfriend Stuart decided to join us too.  Stuart has blown everyone away with his gorgeous, trained baritone.  He's now the unofficial "baritone solo understudy".
It's all coming together now, and the performance is this Wednesday, August 17 at 8pm, at the Alix Goolden Hall.  Here's a picture of us in rehearsal.