Salzburg adventures



Here are some pics I took during my adventures biking around the Salzburg area a couple of weeks ago.  According to my calculations, I biked 40K one day.  Needless to say, I was soooooore!  I made my way from Leopoldskron (the Von Trapp mansion) along the canal which leads south of the city out to Untersberg (a mountain outside of Salzburg) and took a cable-car up to the top.  There are some amazing vistas of the north-east tip of the alps, and the lowlands that stretch into Germany towards Munich. I came back into town via Hellbrunn, and enjoyed the grounds before taking the Hellbrunner Allee into downtown, where I explored the historic Steingasse and took the elevator up to Mönchsberg for some more stunning vistas.  It was one of those good-for-the-soul days :)  The countryside here is so beautiful!