December - upcoming appearances

December seems to be the busiest month for musicians, myself included! I'm doing a lot of performing in both of my musical identities - opera and harping. Many of these events are open to the public, so please come by - I'd love to see you!
Here's the when and where:

VCM Opera Studio presents OPERA IDOL
(I have to make it past the preliminary round to this public performance, but if I don't, you should go anyway!)

December 5, 2008, 7:30 pm
Alix Goolden Hall, Victoria Conservatory of Music

Tickets on sale as of October 15, 2008
$18 Adults/$15 Students & Seniors

http://www.vcm.bc.ca/opera/index.html



Christmas at the Castle Concert Series

This will be my third year as part of Craigdarroch's Christmas at the Castle Concert series.
I'll be performing twice at Craigdarroch Castle this season. I will be serenading the castle's visitors with traditional Christmas Carols accompanied by myself on the harp. Most selections are found on my "In Praise of Christmas" CD which I recorded with my sister Elizabeth a few years ago.

Performance dates and times:
Monday, Dec. 22 - 1:30-2:30
Saturday, Dec.27 - 5:30-6:30

Craigdarroch Castle, 1050 Joan Crescent
http://www.thecastle.ca/events.htm


I will also be playing and singing at a few private Christmas parties and Church services through the month of December (4 so far...)

The Humphries Clan will be providing musical entertainment at the Christmas Eve service at Oaklands Chapel.

A few other appearances are in the works, yet to be confirmed.