"Harbour Lights" gets air-time on Remembrance Day


I was thrilled to find out (via email from my Dad) that I was played on the UVIC radio station on Remembrance Day! Apparently one of the "Harbour Lights" CDs that I recorded with my sister Elizabeth 4 years ago made its way into the hands of one of the disk jockeys at CFUV 101.9 FM, and they chose a few of mournful celtic ballads to play on Remembrance Day. "Bonny Portmore", "Black is the Colour" and "Skye Boat Song" were played.

Here is an excerpt from the UVIC radio website:

In recognition of Remembrance Day, CFUV 101.9 FM, Victoria’s campus/ community radio station, is presenting a four hour program of readings and music. The broadcast is scheduled to air Tuesday 11th November from 10am-2pm, as a tribute to victims of war.....Song recordings include Major Michael Mitchell (Canadian Militia), Chor Leoni men’s choir of Vancouver, and Kathryn Humphries from Victoria.