Lieder Competition Prize

I was the 25th of 25 competitors...in other words, the very last performer. It was a long night!
Yesterday I competed in the 26th annual German Lieder competition at the Victoria Conservatory, and came away with 2nd place in the solo category! My 2 selections from Leider eines fahrenden gesellen by Gustav Mahler were very well received, and I received many compliments on my repertoire choice, and how the Mahler was a lovely way to end off the competition. It was a beautiful evening with many talented singers, and I feel extremely honoured to have been given the 2nd place prize.

Now onto the next thing....St. Cecilia's Day Celebration at Christ Church Cathedral at 3:30pm on Saturday the 22nd (tomorrow). I'll be testing out some of my "Opera Idol" arias plus a new Oratorio Aria and bringing back some favorite art songs. This will be another amazing event for musical talent, and it lasts all day long!